This wiki homepage is meant to provide general branch status and explanation for the different components of the project.
Table of Contents
Note: Links marked with (*) are more important than unmarked links; the more asterisks, the more important.
The project is currently split up into two primary code-bases:
FastAPI (Python). Do note that PHP does use some Python for various
things like Git integration and a few others.
- PHP (Legacy)
- Cache backends: (Memcached|APC)
- FastAPI (branch: pu)
- Cache backends: Redis
At this time, we are porting aurweb's legacy PHP implementation over to Python (using the FastAPI framework). Because of this, our efforts are now primarily focused on completing the port; most documentation found in this wiki overall will be speaking about FastAPI and not PHP. However, PHP is still around until the port takes over, and so PHP is still supported and referred to throughout this wiki in various sections.
Do note: If not specified, one should assume we're discussing FastAPI.
These are non-http related systems that we use in the aurweb project. Things like Git hooks, sshd authentication, project instrumentation, etc.
- This produces gzip archives:
- This sends email notifications.
- Official Package Database Update
- This uses
pacmanrepositories to check for official packages and populate aurweb's
OfficialProviderstable with them.
- Partial Markdown Comment Render
- Cache Backends
- Memcached (PHP)
- APC (PHP)
- Redis (FastAPI)
- PHP can sometimes intrude on FastAPI's session records. If you are ever navigating between the two, PHP and FastAPI, you may start encountering database errors due to conflicting records. A workaround is delete session records from the database and reload the webpage. This is a rare occurrence; we haven't been able to reliably reproduce this yet.