roles/common: Install generic OOM configuration
- Allow killing of any cgroup if swap is about to run out. When swap is at least 90% full, oomd will kill a cgroup, tending to kill the cgroup with the highest swap usage.
- Allow killing cgroups of logged in users under severe memory pressure. When a cgroup is stalled waiting for memory at least 60% of the time, for at least 30 seconds, oomd will attempt to kill it or one of its descendant cgroups.
roles/loki: Install custom OOM configuration
- When loki hits 5.5G RSS, aggressively reclaim its memory. This puts it under memory pressure.
- When loki hits 6G RSS, invoke the kernel OOM killer.
- When loki is under severe memory pressure, have systemd-oomd kill it.